Fact... Or Fiction Example

All of Poog's updates and rules are located in this section. Keep an eye out for updates.
TheRavenfreak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fact... Or Fiction Example

Post by TheRavenfreak »

This is a topic I should have made directly after posting the rules, but better late than never right? :P So what exactly is this topic about? One of our rules here is that we would love to see more factual stories and events posted on the forum, over fiction. That doesn't mean that we hate works of fiction, we just don't want POOG to end up like a carbon copy of nosleep over at reddit or the creepypasta wiki. At a later date, I might add a section for fictional stories but as it goes now, all stories and encounters need to have concrete evidence behind it, or at the very least be well written and explained well. This topic is for those who may not be familiar with nosleep. So bellow is an example of a fictional post, that doesn't seem plausible at all. At the very least, the reader may think it is real but it's written in such a style that many readers can just chalk it up to being fiction. Here is the example:

"The Face Staring Back at Me"

Lately, I've been hearing strange noises coming from my bedroom. It's almost like there's someone or something walking around in the corner, near my closet. It's been pacing, back and forth at the same time every night for the past week. Every time this happens, I quickly grab the blankets and cover myself. Tonight I will be brave and face the thing that's walking back and forth. Wish me luck! Update: Oh god no, I see it staring back at me!! It looks to have a distorted face, and sort of looks like Colonel Sanders!!

Okay I may have exaggerated at the end there, but I think you get the point of the example. That's not to say that you may have not experienced strange footstep like noises late at night in your bedroom, but it's obviously written in a nosleep sort of vibe, a creepy story to say the least. One that you would tell your friends during a slumber party or whatever. Pictures and videos also help with the validation of your story being true or fiction, but I know in many cases it's difficult to get concrete evidence, which is why this isn't really a requirement for your posts. (I'm lacking any concrete information for my encounters even.) If you have any questions about this topic, feel free to reply bellow or send me a private message if you feel more comfortable doing so.